We, the team at Hili Ventures, strongly value privacy and are committed to protect your personal data (i.e. information that identifies you).
If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, get in touch here: [email protected]
One of your rights under EU law – the GDPR – is that you must be informed when your personal data is processed by any organisation. You also have the right to know the details and purpose of that processing.
We assure you that we will only use and disclose any personal data collected from you in accordance with the manner set out in this policy.
Most of the personal information which we may collect about you through this website is given to us only if you choose to give it to us. Such personal information may be requested from you when you fill in a field, e.g. to fill in our contact form with your questions and comments on the Hili Ventures Ltd’s Website. If you send us emails, then the personal data we process will depend on what you send us in the email.
The information we collect from you normally includes the following:
- Information about your device (phone or laptop) with which how used our website;
- If you reach out through us through our contact form, we will also collect your name and email address;
The next sections will outline how and why we use this information.
Some other information is given to us because you accessed this website (e.g. logs, recorded through cookies). This is explained in the Cookies section below.
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do with it then depends on the information and the purpose for which we collected.
The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
1. Your name and contact details
How we use your:
Name, Surname, and Contact Details
2. Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us — for example, over email or contact forms.
Provide customer service and support
3. Information about your device (phone or laptop) with which how used our website
Information you give us when you browse our site or use our app, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website and app.
Improve our website
To prevent and detect fraud against either you or us — and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data
- You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to use our site or all of the services we offer on the site, and you are unlikely to receive an optimal customer experience.
- We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis and improving our site. We also share this anonymised information with third parties – but don’t worry, they cannot identify you.
The Legal Basis for Processing
For all of the uses of your personal data (as described above), we ensure that there is a legal basis under applicable data protection laws for us to use such personal data.
This includes, for example, where it is necessary for us to use the information to perform a contract with you or take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We also use consent as a legal basis in order to process your query when you contact us, provide customer-care and support services to you.
It also includes circumstances (such as we have described below) where we have a legitimate interest to use your data, provided that proper care is taken in relation to your rights and interests:
- to carry out research and analysis of your data as this helps us understand our clients better, who they are and how they interact with us.
- to improve and ensure the security of the website (for example, for statistical, testing and analytical purposes, troubleshooting).
- We will hold on to your information for no longer than is necessary keeping in mind the purpose/s (or compatible purposes) for which we first collected the data.
- We may also keep hold of some of your information if it becomes necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
- As a guide: – we will keep personal data until such time as you ask us to stop communications with you, unless we need to keep the data for longer;– we may keep certain categories of personal data for longer in order to meet any legal or regulatory requirements, or to resolve a legal dispute.
We may keep different types of personal data for different lengths of time if required by law (for instance, we may need to keep certain personal data relating to purchases for about 10 years in order to comply with tax/VAT reporting requirements).
You may obtain more information as to the retention periods or the criteria used by us to determine the retention periods by contacting us here [email protected].
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
We will need to process personal data relating to parents or guardians in that case – and we may also need to request for verification documentation to ensure that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility.
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, email address or any other information you provide to us. It is not our business to do so – and we want to earn your trust and confidence.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out below:
- Companies in the group to which Hili Ventures belongs, as sometimes different entities within our group are responsible for different activities (especially licensed ones). This includes Hili Ventures – related entities and members of the Hili Ventures Group (any of our subsidiaries). Related entities and subsidiaries use the information collected to help us improve the content and functionality of our websites; to better understand our customers and markets; and to improve our services. Members of the group vary from time to time.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who service us in turn to operate our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- In most circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However there may be occasions where we might have to – e.g. with a court order, to comply with legal requirements and satisfy a legal request, for the proper administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to fulfil your requests, to safeguard the integrity of the relevant websites operated by us or by such related entities or subsidiaries, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event involving us and/or our subsidiaries and related entities.
- When we do share data, we do so on an understanding with the other entities that the data is to be used only for the purposes for which we originally intended.
- We may also provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you. Anonymous information means it is anonymous and you will not be identified through this data.
- If we ever have to share data with entities that are outside of the EEA, we will be sure to do so in a manner that complies with the requirements established by the GDPR.
HotJar Cookies: _hjFirstSeen, _hjid
If you’d like to opt out of tracking by Hotjar, visit the Do Not Track page.
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it;
- The right to object to certain processing based on legitimate interest;
- The right to request human intervention if automated processing without human intervention is used to make decisions having legal or similar effects on you;
- The right to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time;
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider;
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in Malta – the Information and Data Protection Commissioner (IDPC)
Security of your personal data is very important to us.
Where it’s appropriate, our website uses HTTPS to help keep information about you secure. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. Security measures which have implemented to secure information transmitted over our website or stored on our systems include the following:
- Use of secure servers;
- Use of firewalls;
- Use of encryption;
- Physical access controls at data centres;
- Information access controls;
- Use of back-up systems;
Please understand, however, that no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorised access or theft will not occur.
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites which are not controlled by us. We are not responsible for the collection or use of your personal information from these third-party websites.
Therefore, we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
We are always happy to hear from you, whether to make a suggestion but especially if you feel we can do better.
Nineteen Twenty Three,
Marsa, Malta MRS 3000
Hili Ventures may hold conferences and events from time to time. At such events, we may take pictures or videos of attendees. The legal basis for such processing is the Company’s legitimate interest to build a community and promote its programs and activities. To this end, we have completed a legitimate interest assessment, a copy of which is available upon request.
You have the right to object to such processing at any time by contacting the event organisers or getting in touch with us [email protected].com. The photos and videos may be shared with other group companies. The photos and videos will be stored by the Company for a period of five (5) years from the date of the event. With respect to your personal details collected in order to note your attendance to the event, we will delete this personal data immediately following the event, unless you have a direct working relationship with Hili Ventures, or one of its subsidiaries.
You will always be informed in advance of such processing and should contact the event organizers should you prefer not to feature in photos and videos taken at an event. Should you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, please refer to the section above entitled “Your Rights”. Should you have any queries about how we process your data, please contact us on [email protected].
Last reviewed: 1st June 2022